RUAF creates synergies between the waste, energy, water and food sector and looks for opportunities to add value to waste streams.
- Stimulating the use of solid and liquid wastes in urban agriculture
- Supporting technical innovations on waste, food and energy
- Ensuring the safe use of waste and wastewater in (peri-) urban agriculture
- Creating enterprises, jobs and circular business models
- Supporting applied research and giving support to businesses on safe reuse practices
- Developing municipal resource recovery strategies and programmes that combine productivity with reduced environmental impacts