On 26 January 2017, 12 Dutch cities, the Province of Gelderland and 3 national Ministries jointly signed the Urban Agenda on Food, with the objective to strengthen the Dutch food system together with the private sector, knowledge institutes and societal organisations. The partners will specifically work on four themes: 1) Governance innovation; 2) Ecological and economic sustainability innovation; 3) Regional food systems and strengthening of fair and short supply chains around cities; 4) Food education, health and social inclusion.
Cities will engage in the sharing of experiences, joint learning and piloting of new innovations. Also proposals for policy improvement at national and EU level to strengthen urban food policies will be developed. RUAF will take on the role as network manager for the coming year. More information with Henk Renting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following cities have signed the Agenda: Almere, Amsterdam, Den Haag, Ede, Groningen, Helmond, ‘s Hertogenbosch, Leeuwarden, Oss, Rotterdam, Utrecht and Venlo.
News articles (in Dutch):
- Internationale aandacht voor City Deal Voedsel (May 2017)
- Interview Henk Renting – “Goede ontwikkelingen komen van onderop” (April 2017)
- City Deal Voedsel op de Stedelijke Agenda succesvol gelanceerd (March 2017)
- Nieuw voedselbeleid kan niet om steden heen (January 2017)
- Bestuurders enthousiast over voedsel op de stedelijke agenda (October 2016)
- Best practices steden over voedsel in beeld (October 2016)