Strategic direction 2018-2023
Every five years the RUAF Global Partnership reviews its strategy and membership charter. For the period 2018-2023, the RUAF Global Partnership supports and promotes knowledge exchanges between cities and towns on specific issues of sustainable food systems.
The partnership aims to:
- Promote localised systems of production and consumption for more inclusive food systems
- Strengthen the resilience of urban food systems
- Strengthen the role of cities in food policy governance
The pursuit of those three goals is guided by the following principles: the universal right to food; sustainable and resilient cities; and multi-stakeholder engagement.
For more information see the RUAF Strategy 2018-2023.
- We aim to deliver practical and high-quality results in action, research and planning projects.
- We apply a demand-driven and participatory, multi-stakeholder and gender-positive approach.
- Our projects have a strong focus on learning (sharing, training, coaching) and empowerment to facilitate the development of local institutional capacities.
- We seek to enhance both technical and organisational innovation.
- We integrate monitoring and evaluation to ensure sustainability, efficiency and effectiveness of its activities.
- We ensure broad dissemination of lessons learned on innovations realised and methods applied.